Hillside

email: petertillotson@btinternet.com

Tillotsons

A history of the Tillotson family from Bolton, Lancashire, from 1831

HILLSIDE, HEATON, BOLTON

In 1898 William Lever bought Hillside on Chorley New Road, Bolton. Two years later he sold Hillside to his sister Mary Tillotson who lived there until her death in 1918 after which Fred and Dorothy Tillotson moved in and Hillside continued t be the family home until Dorothy’s death in 1968 after when the house was demolished.

Entrance Hall and Salon, and Drawing Room in 1918